Beat the Heat this Summer
Beat the Heat All Summer Long and Save Energy Costs
GrandBridge Energy is offering its residential and small business customers some tips to help these customers stay cool, beat the heat and save money this summer on energy costs.
- Use a programmable thermostat to avoid cooling your home when no one is home and set air conditioners to the highest possible comfortable temperature.
- Ceiling fans and table fans cost pennies per hour to operate and circulate air to help you feel cool. Run ceiling fans in a counter-clockwise direction to help cool the room and set your air conditioner to a higher temperature.
- Keep blinds and curtains drawn during the day to keep the blistering sun out.
- Unplug electronic devices that are not in use and turn off unnecessary lights.
- Fire up the BBQ, use the slow cooker, or make salads and cold meals.
- Open windows in the evening when the air is cooler.
- Replace your air conditioner filter monthly to help maximize the efficiency of the unit.
- Hang clothes outside to dry and skip the dry cycle on your dishwasher by leaving the door open to air dry instead.