Ian Miles to Retire as President and CEO of GrandBridge Energy
Brantford and Cambridge (July 14, 2023)
Today Terry Young, Chair of the GrandBridge Energy Inc. Board of Directors, announced that Ian Miles, President and CEO of GrandBridge Energy Inc., GrandBridge Corporation, GrandBridge Group and GrandBridge Solutions Inc. has decided to retire later this year.
Miles joined GrandBridge Energy (legacy Energy+) in 2012 and was well respected for his many corporate and community contributions throughout his tenure with the organization. His leadership and vision resulted in the company doubling in size as measured by customers, assets, and revenue.
“Ian capped his already exceptional career in the energy sector by leading the formation of GrandBridge Energy, which resulted from the merger of local distribution companies Energy+ and Brantford Power in May 2022. The Board of Directors and his colleagues congratulate Ian and wish him well in his retirement,” said Terry Young, Chair of the GrandBridge Energy Inc. Board of Directors.
Young said the Board of Directors has initiated a process to recruit a new President and CEO, adding that Miles will remain in his role until a successor has been appointed.
During his 11 years as President and CEO, Miles had many notable achievements, including:
• 2012-2023 – Established long-term community relationships and commitments to support electrical safety, health care, non-profit organizations, education, food banks, sustainability, local Chambers of Commerce and the United Way
• 2014 – The acquisition of Brant County Power
• 2014 – Approval of a 9 MW Cogeneration Project with Toyota as part of the Conservation First Framework
• 2016 – Implementation of a 24/7 Control Room
• 2016 – Grand River Energy Startup (3 Solar Contracts)
• 2019 – 2020 – Development and construction of new head office in the Gaslight District of Cambridge
• 2022 – Merger of Energy+ and Brantford Power
To learn more about GrandBridge Energy visit grandbridgeenergy.com.